Humans are born with emotions and feelings. A human can interact with others with these emotions. There are many relations of a person with other people, things, animals etc. The relation is the bond shared by two people which may be by blood, by behavior, by field or maybe with emotions. Every person has many relations in life and these relations make a family. For creating awareness of families and promoting them, there is a day called World Family Day. World family is known as International Day of Families and it is celebrated across the world.
This article will provide you information about the World Family Day. You can use this information for writing essay and speech in competitions organized at your school or college. The information contains, date, theme, history, the importance of celebrating the International Day of Families. So let’s start.
International Day of Families, World Family Day 2018 Date, Theme, Essay, Speech, Article
World Family Day or International Day of Families is celebrated to showcase the significance of families on 15th May every year. United Nations proclaimed 15th May as the International Family Day in 1994. It is an opportunity for people and families to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase the knowledge of social, economic, and demographic processes that affect the families. The World Family Day is bringing out the significance of families as fundamental units of humanity and gives a chance for government, organizations, and individuals to encourage knowledge of the problems, strengths, and needs of families.
The family is the essential unit of the society so there should be the means and mediums for protecting and helping the families in order to provide them Universal Declaration of human rights, the declaration on social progress and development, and the convention on the elimination of discrimination against women. If the families are healthy, secured and united then only the society and nations will be. For the awareness of such things the day 15th May is celebrated as World Family Day.
In the previous years, there were many families that lived together, though there were many differences among their thoughts, languages, opinions and cultures. Even though there was a diversity of family groupings, people would gather together and rejoice by meetings, organizing marriages, singing. This would provide them the much-needed satisfaction and balance to their life. There were many problems but the families were together. These days, we also face many problems and issues but the bond between families still exist.
History of World Family Day
1994 was the year which was proclaimed as the International Day of Families with the help of United Nations. World Family Day is the reflection of the work started around 1994 to commemorate the importance of families, friends, people, society and distinct cultures. UN took this step to improve the socio-economic structure of the people so that everyone can live a better standard of life with their families. We have been celebrating International Day of Families on 15th May since 1995.
Importance of Family in Our Lives
If we look back in the 1950s from now, we can see that there isn’t much technical advancement and financial crisis, but now, we see both of the things around us. The definition of family has been completely changed. People don’t even like to talk with their parents because they are currently dealing with their financial crisis or some other problems. Sometimes, young children believe that their parents are just a waste of time.
However, the question arises here is whether it is right or wrong to avoid family members due to the financial crisis or any other problem? Well, some family members may not support us with our economic issues. On the other hand, we too don’t want any help from them. The fact is they can provide us emotional support that no one else can give us for free. See, there’s an unlimited stock of emotional support.
Although there are some exceptions where parents tend to ignore their kids, more than 80% of parents can’t ignore their kids. We aren’t claiming that the other 20% are the bad ones. Some of them do wrong to us so that we can take full responsibility as a grown up. Whether they are good or bad, they always remain our family, and we can’t change this.
Importance of World Family Day, International Day of Families
The symbol of the World Family Day has clearly shown us the importance of the day. It has a solid green circle with a red image; the red image shows simple drawings of a house and a heart. All of this proves that families play a crucial role in the society and provide a stable and supportive home for all people irrespective of their age and condition.
International Day of families aims to build an excellent social, demographic and economic structure among the members of society. It also aware the youth about the importance of family. Each year, a separate theme is followed with a particular aim to secure the bond between family members and within various families.
Objectives and Goals of celebrating the International Day of Families
The day is celebrated with several purposes and aims such as:
- Provide substantial services to the families, commission for social development, and the economic and social council.
- Maintain the family research and diagnostic studies.
- Promote the understanding of the purpose of The World Family Day or International Family Day.
- Promote the incorporation of family opinions, ideas, and suggestions at the national, regional and international levels.
- Provide technical help and capacity building support to developing country governments, in the area of human relations.
- Exchange know-how and skills, circulate information and hold up networking on family issues.
- Communicate and chat with the government, civil people and the private sector on family subject matters.
International Day of Families 2018 Celebration Ideas, Assembly Activities, and Events
The World Family Day is celebrated in several ways by attending or organizing some activities and events. These include formal or informal meetings of people, discussions on family and their matters, debates, speech, quiz, games, workshops for the awareness of this day among people. Many celebration ideas are there but there should be some message or conclusion of that idea. People send messages, quotes, SMS and poems on this day by using social media. Some people organize play and acts that tell the theme of the day.
The International Day of World Family day is celebrated throughout the world with different ideas. The day is celebrated in the following manner:
- People usually join public exhibitions to discuss the current theme.
- Senior communities organize educational sessions for the young people.
- Some busy people free themselves to spend some time with their families.
- Public Officials sometimes hold policy meetings in which they state policies & rules which shows a direct impact on families.
- People post quotes, slogans, and pictures via their social media profiles to make their circle understand the importance of family.
- In some healthy bonded loyal families, people share gifts to show gratitude towards their family members.
International Day of Families 2018 Theme
Every year on 15th May, International Day of Families is celebrated with a theme. The theme of the year 2014 was “Families Matter for the Achievement of Development Goals; International Year of the Family + 20”, on 2015 it was “Men in charge? Gender equality and children’s rights in contemporary families”, and the theme on 2016 was “Families, healthy lives, and sustainable future”. The theme for International Day of Families 2018 is “Families and inclusive societies” which will explore the role of families and family policies in advancing Sustainable Development Goal 16 in terms of Promoting peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development.
Here are some of 10 most recent themes of World Family Day:
- 2017 – education, families, and well-being
- 2016 – sustainable future, healthy lives, and Families
- 2015 – Men in charge? Gender equality and children’s right in the today’s families
- 2014 – Families Importance for the Achievement of goals
- 2013 – Intergenerational Solidarity and Advancing Social Integration
- 2012 – Ensuring the balance between work and family
- 2011 – Confronting Family Poverty and Social Exclusion
- 2010 – The impact of migration on families around the world
- 2009 – Mothers and Families: Challenges in a Changing World
- 2008 – Fathers and Families: Responsibilities and Challenges
World Family Day 2018 Quotes, Slogans, Wishes
When you want someone to understand something then Quotes, slogans, and wishes are the best things to get their attention. Here are some famous quotes, slogans, and wishes on World Family Day:
- Where love never ends and life begins – Family
- A man travels the world in search of what he needs, and return home to find it.
- Parents were the only one obligated to love you; from the rest of the world; you had to earn it.
- The most important thing in the world is family and love – George Santayana
- This is family – This is our day.
- No one lives home unless the home is the mouth of a shark.
- The love of a family is the life’s most significant blessing.
- The family is that kind of security in which a person can feel the peace.
- The family isn’t an important thing; it’s everything – Michael J. Fox
- A family doesn’t need to be perfection; it just needs to be united.
- The family is one of nature’s masterpieces – George Santayana
Families are like the tree branches that grow in different directions yet the roots remain same. For promoting these families and making people aware of it the date 15th May is celebrated every year as The World Family Day.International Day of Family is a great way to repair the broken bonds between various families and within the members of a particular family. It also tells the youth of every nation about the importance of having a family.
Moreover, Some people consider this day as a great day to point out some issues in the society that are related to families. We can’t change our families because we never chose them. The best way to make a healthy bond with all the family member is to accept them as it is.
Tips for Speech on International Day of Families 2018
- Speech is not about mug up the script and speak, it is about sharing gown thoughts about the given topic.
- Try being interactive while delivering the speech.
- Be expressive with the emotions and gestures.
- Try giving the speech in front of your family or friends for building up the confidence.
Tips for Essay on International Day of Families 2018
- You can write an essay in the story format also.
- Write your essay in three logical sections: introduction, detailed concept, and conclusion.
- Use simple language while writing the essay.
Tips for Paragraph on International Day of Families 2018
- An essay and the paragraph are similar only the length limit vary.
- Try focusing on key points while writing the paragraph.
- Explain your topic in short and give some related points in brief.
For more information about the family in human life click here.
If you like this article and find it helpful, please let us know by sharing your opinion or suggestion in the comment section below. We love receiving your response. 🙂