Humans are born with emotions and feelings. A human can interact with others with these emotions. There are many relations of a person with other people, things, animals etc. The relation is the bond shared by two people which may be by blood, by behavior, by field or may be with emotions. Every person has many relations in life and these relations make a family. For creating awareness of families and promoting them, there is a day called World Family Day. This article will provide you information about the World Family Day. You can use this information for writing essay and speech in competitions organized at your school or college.
Beginning of Speech
Good Morning Honourable chief guest, respected principal, professors, and dear friends, today we are all gathered here to celebrate World Family Day 2017 and I am going to deliver the speech on it. What is world family day? Why is it celebrated? Yes, many of us are having such questions. I am going to tell you few things about this day. Allow me to start my speech.
World Family Day is celebrated to showcase the significance of families on 15th May every year. United Nations proclaimed 15th May as the International Family Day in 1994. It is an opportunity to people and families to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase the knowledge of social, economic, and demographic processes that affect the families. The World Family Day is bringing out the significance of families as fundamental units of humanity and gives a chance for government, organizations, and individuals to encourage knowledge of the problems, strengths, and needs of families.
The family is the essential unit of the society so there should be the means and mediums for protecting and helping the families in order to provide them Universal Declaration of human rights, the declaration on social progress and development, and the convention on the elimination of discrimination against women. If the families are healthy, secured and united then only the society and nations will be. For the awareness of such things the day 15th May is celebrated as World Family Day.
In the previous years, there were many families that lived together, though there were many differences among their thoughts, languages, opinions and cultures. Even though there was a diversity of family groupings, people would gather together and rejoice by meetings, organizing marriages, singing. This would provide them the much-needed satisfaction and balance to their life. There were many problems but the families were together. These days, we also face many problems and issues but the bond between families still exist.
The day is celebrated with several purposes and aims such as:
- Provide substantial services to the families, commission for social development, and the economic and social council.
- Maintain the family research and diagnostic studies.
- Promote the understanding of the purpose of The World Family Day or International Family Day.
- Promote the incorporation of family opinions, ideas, and suggestions at the national, regional and international levels.
- Provide technical help and capacity building support to developing country governments, in the area of human relations.
- Exchange know-how and skills, circulate information and hold up networking on family issues.
- Communicate and chat with the government, civil people and the private sector on family subject matters.
The World Family Day is celebrated in several ways by attending or organizing some activities and events. These include formal or informal meetings of people, discussions on family and their matters, debates, speech, quiz, games, workshops for the awareness of this day among people. Many celebration ideas are there but there should be some message or conclusion of that idea. People send messages, quotes, SMS and poems on this day by using social media. Some people organize play and acts that tell the theme of the day.
Every year on 15th May, International Family Day is celebrated with a theme. The theme of the year 2014 was “Families Matter for the Achievement of Development Goals; International Year of the Family + 20”, on 2015 it was “Men in charge? Gender equality and children’s rights in contemporary families”, and the theme on 2016 was “Families, healthy lives, and sustainable future”.
Families are like the tree branches that grow in different directions yet the roots remain same. For promoting these families and making people aware of it the date 15th May is celebrated every year as The World Family Day.
Ending of Speech
Thank you, everyone, for listening to me and giving me such an opportunity to convey my thoughts in front of you. I have tried to deliver the honest and important information about World Family Day. This is not the complete thing but it will help you get answers to your questions that arise in your mind about the World Family Day.
Tips for Speech on World Family Day
- Speech is not about mug up the script and speak, it is about sharing gown thoughts about the given topic.
- Try being interactive while delivering the speech.
- Be expressive with the emotions and gestures.
- Try giving the speech in front of your family or friends for building up the confidence.
Tips for Essay on World Family Day
- You can write an essay in the story format also.
- Write your essay in three logical sections: introduction, detailed concept, and conclusion.
- Use simple language while writing the essay.
Tips for Paragraph on World Family Day
- An essay and the paragraph are similar only the length limit vary.
- Try focusing on key points while writing the paragraph.
- Explain your topic in short and give some related points in brief.
For more information about the family in human life click here.
If you like this article and find it helpful, please let us know by sharing your opinion or suggestion in the comment section below. We love receiving your response. 🙂