Children are the gifts from God. The innocence of the children cannot be matched with anyone else. But unfortunately, sometimes the children get caught by the Autism. Autism ranges from the challenges with the social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech and nonverbal communication, as well as by unique strengths and differences. There are many types of autism, caused by many combinations of genetic and environmental influences. Many schools and colleges organize various competitions like speech and essay competitions. Students are also asked to write articles on various topics in exams. Students get a chance to showcase their talents through this kind of competitions and that’s why we are here to help you out. We are giving you the core information about the Autism. This information will help you to write a better essay and to build a perfect speech. You can modify the content as per your requirements as speeches and essays have different structures.
Beginning of the Speech on Travel and Tourism in India
Good morning everyone, honourable chief guests, respected principal, teachers, and my dear friends. Today I am going to talk about autism. Now, I would like to start my speech.
Autism is estimated to affect 21.7 million people worldwide as of 2013. The signs of autism can be seen the early age of 2 to 3 years of children. Autism is usually caused by the genetic and environmental problems. Some sort of infections use of alcohol or drugs during the mother’s pregnancy can cause the autism in children. Autism usually occurs 4-5 times more in boys than girls.
The World Autism Awareness day is celebrated around the world on 2nd April to encourage the member countries of United Nations to create awareness about the Autism around the world. World Autism Awareness Day”, passed in council on November 1, 2007, and adopted on December 18, 2007. It was proposed by the United Nations representative from Qatar and supported by all member states. The World Autism Awareness Day is one of the only four official health-specific days by UN. The day is also celebrated to bring individual autism organizations together for research, diagnosis, awareness and treatment purpose. Although there’sno known cure for autism, but there have been reports that witness the recovery of autistic people in their early age by early speech or behavioral interventions.
Characteristics/Symptoms of Autism
The symptoms of the Autism can be seen in the infancy of the children and it follows a steady course without remission. There are several symptoms/characteristics of Autism which can help to diagnose it.
- Significant problems developing nonverbal communication skills, such as eye-to-eye gazing, facial expressions, and body posture.
- Language Impairment
- Repetitive Behaviour
- Sleep Deficit, Mood & Anxiety disorders
- Failure to establish friendships with children the same age.
- People with autism may have difficulty understanding another person’s feelings, such as pain or sorrow.
- Pica: Pica is a tendency to eat things that are not food.
- Difficulty or lack of, learning to talk. 40% of people with autism never speak.
- Limited interests in activities or playing.
Causes/Reasons of Autism
The causes/reasons of autism are usually genetic and environmental but there are some other causes which cause the autism in children, those are as follows.
- If anyone in the family has autism or autism-like behavior such repetitive actions, inability to communicate or chronic depression then the possibility of a child being autistic rises.
- Robella also called as German Measles during the pregnancy of the mother is one of the reasons behind the autism of the child.
- Consumption of alcohol or recreational drugs by the mother during pregnancy can cause autism in the child.
- Exposure to air pollution during pregnancy, especially heavy metals and particulates, may increase the risk of autism.
- Environmental factors like certain foods, infectious diseases, solvents, diesel exhaust, chemicals used in plastic products pesticides are also responsible for the autism but their significance is not proven yet.
Autism Speaks is the world’s largest and well-known non-governmental organization that works in the field of Autism. The organization makes efforts to raise awareness to autism, further research, and act as an advocate to those with the disorder. They also act as a large support system for families of an autistic person. Light It Up Blue is one of the largest initiatives posed by Autism Speaks.
Tips for Speech
- Never mug up the speech script as it is. That sounds like a robot, your audience will not connect with it.
- Rather than reciting the complete script, note down only important bullet points and speak from your heart. When you speak from the heart you might fumble once or twice but it connects with your audience. We are humans after all we all make mistakes.
- Rather than words focus more on the emotions behind the word.
- If you are confident enough try to be interactive with your listeners. Ask them questions.
- If you are a parent don’t force kids to mug it up. Help them to understand the topics and it’s important. In real life, you just can’t survive with mugged up answers, isn’t it? Today’s generation is 10 times smarter than our generation they can easily understand the topic.
- If you are speaking in public for the first time then you better try a speech in front of parents, siblings or friends. Ask them feedback and revisit the script. Or else at least try speech in front of the mirror.
Tips for Essay
- You can write an essay in story format too, take an imaginary person and tell a story on given topic from his/her perspective.
- Essay generally have three main parts, Introduction, impact or more detailed info and then summary or conclusion. Don’t use headers in the essay. But you should divide the essay into these 3 logical sections.
- Try to maintain a flow between sections. Carry forward a point from the last paragraph and then take it forward.
- You can start a new paragraph with words or phrases like “on another hand, plus, at first, however”.
- It is important to have a conclusion or summary for an essay. You don’t need to be positive all the time for conclusion, it can be a mix of both emotions. Try to have an inspiring, positive, euphoric conclusion.
Tips for Paragraph Writing
- Generally, you will have 2 section in paragraph writing, it will be shorter than an essay.
- Paragraph are generally facts based rather than interactive or story based.
- You can have headings for paragraph if allowed.
If you find this article helpful, then don’t forget to appreciate us with your valuable comment. 🙂