Human beings need food, clothes, and shelter to survive. We earn money to satisfy those needs and to live. To earn money a person has to work. The work can be a job or a self-employed business where he works for himself. India has a population of 1.33 billion and it is growing rapidly but the job opportunities that are available are very low which cannot serve the huge number of population. Hence we are writing this essay on unemployment in India.
Many schools and colleges organize various competitions like speech and essay competitions. Students are also asked to write essays on various topics in exams. Students get a chance to showcase their talents through this kind of competitions and that’s why we are here to help you out. We are giving you an essay on unemployment in India and how it is affecting the lives of people in India.
This essay on Unemployment in India will help you to write a better essay and to build a perfect speech too. You can modify the content as per your requirements as speeches and essays have different structures. So let’s start.
Essay on Unemployment in India for Class 5 to 12 Students
Introduction to Unemployment
Unemployment is one of the major problems faced by India. Along with unemployment, there are other major problems faced by India, such as Corruption, Poverty, Black money, huge population, Illiteracy, and many others. These problems are somehow correlated with each other. The rapidly rising population causes a lack of education and job opportunities, which results in poverty.
Putting into simple words, unemployment can be defined as the lack of job opportunities for the people who are actively looking for the job to earn them living. The rising population in India has resulted in the scarcity of many basic facilities that people need such as education, hygiene, employment, and even the medical facilities.
There are some common features of unemployment in India such as the unemployment in India can be seen more in urban areas of India, Unemployment is seen more in females than males, unemployment is higher in for educated people as compared to their counterparts. The unemployment in India is observed as rising in the coming years. Although job creation is also increased.
Causes, Reasons for Unemployment in India
There are many reasons responsible for unemployment in India. Let see some of the major reasons behind it.
The huge population of 1.25 billion people in India is one of the major problems that are causing unemployment in India. There are very few job opportunities available which are not sufficient for the huge demand for employment.
The education system in India focuses more on theoretical knowledge whereas practical knowledge is necessary for any job. In India, only the grades are considered as the measure of intelligence rather than the skills.
Lack of Alternative Employment for Agriculture Workers
In rural areas of India, agriculture is the main occupation and it employs most of the people in rural areas. But the farming is not whole-year employment hence after the crops are done the workers have no other way of earning money hence causing seasonal unemployment for them.
Introduction of Superior Technology
In technology and other companies, whenever an employee or worker is has a job of doing the same and repetitive work, it can be replaced by the machines to do the automation of that process. Machines are used by the company to replace the employees who have repetitive work and machines avoid human errors. When the company upgrades the technology it is working on to some other technology then the employees are also asked to upgrade(learn the new technology) or they have to leave the job.
The recession is one of the major reasons for unemployment. The ups and downs in the market create uncertainties for the company, hence sometimes they have to cut down the number of employees. Also whenever a company shuts down all the employees of that company become unemployed.
Lack of Motivation
The rising unemployment makes a negative impact on people’s mind. It discourages qualified people to find the job. Hence they lose the hopes of having a job and earning. This type of unemployment is called as voluntary unemployment.
The corruption in India is also a major reason behind the unemployment in India. In government as well as the private sector, unqualified candidates are chosen by giving bribe to officials. Because of this, qualified individuals remain unemployed.
Steps taken by Govt. of India to Stop Unemployment
The Government of India and Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi has started number campaigns to reduce the unemployment in India. There are many schemes and campaigns initiated for rural as well as urban employment such as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, Saksham or Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Boys and many were started to improve the skills of people and make them qualified for the job or be self-reliable.
Solutions for Unemployment in India
Although unemployment is a huge problem, it can be stopped by taking some steps. Following are the ways we can reduce and ultimately stop unemployment.
- Encouraging vocational and Technical Training
- Creating improved infrastructure for Agriculture
- Encouraging Self-Employment
- Encouraging Entrepreneurship and creating a beneficial environment for businesses
- Bringing larger capital investment
Unemployment is a major problem faced by developing countries like India. The level of employment signifies the health of the economy of the country. So, to make India economically strong and creating employment for people of India the government, as well as the citizens of India, should work together.
Tips for Speech on Unemployment in India
- Never mug up the speech script as it is. That sounds like a robot, your audience will not connect with it.
- Rather than reciting the complete speech, note down only important bullet points and speak from your heart. When you speak from the heart you might fumble once or twice but it connects with your audience. We are humans after all we all make mistakes.
- Rather than words focus more on the emotions behind the words.
- If you are confident enough try to be interactive with your listeners. Ask them questions.
- If you are a parent don’t force kids to mug it up. Help them to understand the topics and it’s important. In real life, you just can’t survive with mugged up answers, isn’t it? Today’s generation is 10 times smarter than our generation they can easily understand the topic.
- If you are speaking in public for the first time then you better try a speech on unemployment in India in front of parents, siblings or friends. Ask them feedback and revisit the script. Or else at least try speech in front of the mirror.
Tips for Essay on Unemployment in India
- Essay generally have three main parts, Introduction, impact or more detailed info and then summary or conclusion. Don’t use headers in the essay. But you should divide the essay into these 3 logical sections. So make sure you write your essay on unemployment in India in this way.
- Try to maintain a flow between sections. Carry forward a point from the last paragraph and then take it forward while writing your essay on unemployment in India.
- You can start a new paragraph with words or phrases like “on another hand, plus, at first, however”.
- It is important to have a conclusion or summary for an essay. You don’t need to be positive all the time for a conclusion, it can be a mix of both emotions. Try to have an inspiring, positive, euphoric conclusion. In this case of essay on unemployment in India, conclude your essay with statements on how the unemployment in India is affecting people and what can be done to reduce the unemployment in India.
If you find this article helpful, then don’t forget to appreciate us with your valuable comment and rate the article with 5 stars. 🙂