India is a land of diversity. India has got the largest history and many cultures have evolved here from the last hundreds of years. The rich diversity of India has succeeded to attract travelers from all around the world. the mesmerizing snow mountains in Kashmir to the beautiful beaches in Goa, India has got everything. Hence we have written this article, speech, essay on travel and tourism in India.
The growth of tourism in India has increased exponentially from last few decades. Many schools and colleges organize various competitions like speech and essay competitions. Students are also asked to write articles on various topics in exams. Students get a chance to showcase their talents through this kind of competitions and that’s why we are here to help you out.
We are giving you the core information about the travel and tourism industry in India. This information will help you to write a better essay on travel and tourism and to build a perfect speech on travel and tourism in India too. You can modify the content as per your requirements as speeches and essays have different structures.
Essay on Travel and Tourism in India, Speech, Article for Class 5 to 12
Introduction Travel and Tourism Industry in India
India is the country of diverse geographical regions. In India, we can see scorching hot deserts in Rajasthan to the snowy sheets of white snow in Kashmir and even the huge rainforests. The travel and tourism industry in India growing rapidly. The huge growth is the main reason behind the rapid growth in the travel and tourism industry.
Tourism is one of the important parts of the economy of any country. The tourism industry in India is rapidly growing at the annual rate of 7.5% and generating ₹8.31 lakh crore (US$120 billion) revenue in 2015 which is estimated to reach ₹18.36 lakh crore (US$270 billion) by 2025.
India ranked 52nd from 141 countries according to the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report. According to the report, India ranked very well on many factors such as good air transport and reasonable ground transport infrastructure. Tourism in India has outperformed the overall tourism in the world in many factors like growth, the volume of foreign tourists and revenue.
How Tourism Industry Helps the Economy of India?
As mentioned above, tourism is one of the important parts of any economy. Tourism helps to grow the economy and the cultural growth of any country directly and indirectly. Following are the ways by which travel and tourism help India to grow.
Tourism brings jobs to the people around it. The employment can be direct as tour guides, accommodation, and food providers, travel service providers, etc to indirect employment like the suppliers of these services from whom they take the necessary goods. All the above services employ people to work and pay them wages, helping to boost the local industry.
Alternative Ways of Income
In rural areas of India, there are limited ways to earn income. Farming, fishing, laboring, there are major employment sources for the people in rural areas. Tourism creates alternative ways to earn income for people in rural areas.
The growing tourism brings in the extra income which results in higher tax payments. The local government bodies can use this money to improve the infrastructure such as building roads, amusement parks, gardens, social places, the betterment of transport and accommodation services, maintaining public hygiene and providing better medical services too.
Tourism brings in opportunities for people. In order to solve the problems of the tourists, as well as the local residents, new businesses and services can be introduced. If you succeed in finding and solving those problems, the profit will surely come. The new business, in turn, increases employment as well.
Apart from the monetary benefits tourism also encourages the cultural growth of the tourist places. India has a rich cultural heritage and it would give people immense pleasure and pride to showcase their culture in front of the world. Tourism also helps to maintain the traditions and culture of the region. It also helps to maintain the historic places like forts and palaces which otherwise would have destroyed.
Many travel operators encourage the preservation of tourist spots by creating awareness among tourists. Tourists are asked to maintain the hygiene and integrity of the place.
Ways to Improve Tourism in India
Although the travel and tourism industry in India is rapidly growing, it can be improvised for better results. India still lacks in many factors which are very important in tourism such as hygiene, better accommodation, safety, etc. By improving the following factors tourism can achieve quality growth in India.
Making Country Tourist-Friendly
Before trying any other for improving tourism in India, we first need to make India tourist-friendly. Today, tourists are conned by the locals. They overcharge them for the same things they locals buy at cheaper rates. Tourist women do not feel safe in India. So these things should be changed first before anything else.
And it will ultimately help to improvise the tourism industry by mouth to mouth publicity because the tourist satisfied by the hospitality here, they will definitely encourage their friends to visit India too.
Maintaining Hygiene at the Tourist Places
Although tourism in India is rapidly improving we still lack in the case of hygiene. People in India do not tend to maintain hygiene in public places. Open littering is done at the tourist spots. This can be stopped by maintaining the proper garbage handling system, providing dustbins at the public places as well as at the personal level people should maintain the hygiene by themselves by not littering. The hygiene inspections should be carried out by the government bodies to ensure that the restaurants and hotels are maintaining proper hygiene. Essay on Importance of Hygiene and Cleanliness
Regulating Better Transport Services
Transport services play a key role in tourism. No one would like to have a bumpy ride to visit the exotic places in India. Poor quality of roads discourages the travel and hence affecting tourism. Local government bodies should regulate the transport serviced by providing taxi services, affordable fairs for the transport and the safety of the travelers.
Allowing Corporate Sponsorship for Tourist Spot Conservation
The best thing about tourism in India is its historic monuments and rich architecture. There are so many monuments still waiting for the maintenance. It would be a great idea to allow the corporate businesses to maintain those monuments in return of their brand marketing. Businesses can use their marketing budget on the maintenance of those historic places.
Maintaining the Greenery
Trees always enhance the beauty of any place. Planting more trees at the tourist spots will add more beauty to the scene. It also helps to reduce pollution and making the air cleaner.
Schemes/Campaigns Run by Govt. of India to Encourage Tourism
The Government of India runs many successful campaigns to encourage tourism in India. Campaigns like “Incredible India”, “Clean India”, “Know India” etc. are successfully run in India to create awareness and promote tourism in India.
Tips for Speech on Travel and Tourism in India
- Never mug up the speech script as it is. That sounds like a robot, your audience will not connect with it.
- Rather than reciting the complete script, note down only important bullet points and speak from your heart. When you speak from the heart you might fumble once or twice but it connects with your audience. We are humans after all we all make mistakes.
- Rather than words focus more on the emotions behind the word.
- If you are confident enough try to be interactive with your listeners. Ask them questions.
- If you are a parent don’t force kids to mug it up. Help them to understand the topics and it’s important. In real life, you just can’t survive with mugged up answers, isn’t it? Today’s generation is 10 times smarter than our generation they can easily understand the topic.
- If you are speaking in public for the first time then you better try a speech in front of parents, siblings or friends. Ask them feedback and revisit the script. Or else at least try speech in front of the mirror.
Tips for Essay on Travel and Tourism in India
- Essay generally have three main parts, Introduction, impact or more detailed info and then summary or conclusion. Don’t use headers in the essay. But you should divide the essay into these 3 logical sections.
- There are various types of essay writing. The essay on travel and tourism in India in of expository essay type. You can read more about types of essay writing, best essay writing tips, essay format, etc.
- Try to maintain a flow between sections. Carry forward a point from the last paragraph and then take it forward.
- You can start a new paragraph with words or phrases like “on another hand, plus, at first, however”.
- It is important to have a conclusion or summary for an essay. You don’t need to be positive all the time for a conclusion, it can be a mix of both emotions. Try to have an inspiring, positive, euphoric conclusion. So write a good conclusion for your essay on travel and tourism in India.
If you find this article, essay on travel and tourism in India, helpful, then don’t forget to appreciate us with your valuable comment. 🙂