The Human beings evolved in the embrace of nature. Nature provided everything that was necessary for a human to live, survive and progress. But as time passed humans started to assault the nature for own greed and global warming is one of the horrible outcomes of it.
Global warming has become the major issues for not just one country but all over the world and every individual in the world should do their bit of healing the nature of the damage we have caused. Global warming is one of the important topics given for the short speech, essay competitions and paragraph writing in exams. Schools and college across India host speech and essay competitions on various occasions. This article will help you, your younger sibling, your child if you are a parent and even your friends in essay and speech competition. We are giving the core information needed for speech, essay, and a paragraph on global warming. You can modify the structure according to your needs. We have also written an article on ” How to deliver your speech? “ which will help you to deliver your speech more confidently. So let’s get started.
Essay on Global Warming & Speech
Introduction of Global Warming
Global warming is a global phenomenon which is responsible for the rising temperature of the earth. Global warming has a diverse effect on the ecosystem of the earth. There is no one country responsible for global warming. Every country in the world has its share causing damage to nature in form of global warming. Global warming takes place because of the greenhouse effect. Greenhouse gases such as water vapours, Carbon Dioxide(CO2), Methane(CH4), Nitrous Oxide(NO2), Ozone(O3), Chlorofluorocarbons(CFCs) absorb the radiation coming from the sun and direct it everywhere, including the surface of the earth, hence warming it. These gases trap the sunlight and heat from the sun into the atmosphere of the earth and hence the overall temperature rises.
Causes of Global Warming and Climate Change
Following are the reasons and causes behind the rising global warming.
Greenhouse gases such as water vapors, Carbon Dioxide(CO2), Methane(CH4), Nitrous Oxide(NO2), Ozone(O3), are the main reasons behind global warming. These gases are naturally present in the atmosphere but human processes make them more fatal.
Deforestation means cutting down forests and in turn trees. Trees help to reduce the amount of Carbon Dioxide which is one of the major greenhouse gases. Cutting down the trees lowers the amount of absorption of carbon by the trees, hence increasing the global warming. Trees also help to maintain the water cycle.
Rising industrialism (Industrial Revolution in the 1950s) has vastly caused the exponential growth in emission of Greenhouse gases which cause Global warming. Industries like manufacturing plants (chemical, metal etc), power stations, transportation fuels, waste disposal and treatment have a large share of greenhouse gas emission.
The smoke produced by burning plastic wastage and by cars, motorcycles consist of a large number of greenhouse gases. Chlorofluorocarbons are not naturally present in the atmosphere. They are created by using CFC gas containers such as room fresheners, deodorants, aerosols, foaming agents, refrigerants has Chlorofluorocarbons in them.
Effects of Global Warming and Climate Change
The rising industrialism raised the problem of global warming. Global warming affects every part of the ecosystem of earth. Following are the effects and cosequences of global warming.
- The overall temperature of the earth is rising rapidly. The instrumental temperature record shows global warming of around 0.6 °C during the 20th century.
- Sea level is rising as never before, hence it’s becoming dangerous to the coastal and island regions.
- Glaciers at north and south poles are melting.
- Global warming and climate change have adverse effects on the weather too, causing extreme weather conditions like floods, droughts, storms and tropical cyclones.
- Excess levels of Carbon dioxide has made the oceans warmer. Hense the coral reefs at the surface of the oceans are dying.
- Oceans absorb the excess CO2 and when CO2 mixes with seawater, carbonic acid is formed. This results in acidification of the seawater causing the damage to the sea life.
- Global warming is causing severe damage to agriculture. Irregular rains, sudden changes in weather causing the farming yield low quality of crops.
- Human health is also affected by the climate change such as changes in water, air, food quality and ecosystem. The effects may not be fatal for now but they can we worse in long run. Climate change was estimated to have been responsible for 3% of diarrhoea, 3% of malaria, and 3.8% of dengue fever deaths worldwide in 2004.
Solutions to prevent Global Warming and Climate Change
Taking care of nature is the responsibility of every human being. There are ways by which be can reduce or prevent Global Warming.
- Use renewable energy sources such as solar energy, biogas etc.
- Try to minimize the use or Air Conditioners, refrigerators, aerosols, as they contain Chlorofluorocarbons.
- Do not use cars and motorcycles to go to a walkable distance.
- Use energy efficient appliances. (Look for the energy usage star markings on refrigerators and ACs)
- Use LED bulbs.
- Drive fuel-efficient vehicles and maintain them regularly.
Our mother earth is going to through a lot of pain which is caused by us. Now it is our responsibility to take of nature by doing our bit. Opting for energy-efficient ways will help you and ultimately to nature too.
Essay on Global Warming in 300 Words
In the most basic form, we can state that the continuous increase in earth’s overall atmospheric temperature due to the spread of greenhouse gases like CO2, CFC, etc. is called global warming. In 1896, Svante Arrhenius, a Swedish scientist claimed that fossil fuel combustion would eventually result in a rapid increase in global warming. The greenhouse gases act as a blanket to cover earth’s atmosphere to trap heat. Thus, this process is called greenhouse effect.
Without the greenhouse effect, the earth would be cold enough to endanger the entire human species. In earlier times, greenhouse effect was just a natural process, but now it has become the sign of threat to the world as a whole. We can see a significant rise in greenhouse gases due to human activities that changed the definition of the greenhouse effect. Many researchers have found that global warming can upside down the whole world in the next upcoming 100 years.
But For now, we face a lot of difficulties like extreme weather events, ice melting, floods due to rise in water level and much more. As human beings, we are the main reason behind the increased global warming so we can prevent it from happening too because prevention is always better than cure. We must limit the dissolution of greenhouse gases to keep the green and healthy environment and to do so we have developed Geoengineering. Geoengineering aims to deal with the changes of climate by limiting the dissolution of greenhouse gases and preventing the sunlight reach to the earth.
Two schemes have been made in Geoengineering to keep the environment in balance. The first scheme is an artificial tree. Artifical trees absorb the greenhouse gases from the atmosphere with the help of plastic polymers and make the environment clean and green. The second scheme is about preventing the sunlight from reaching the earth by firing sulfate aerosols into the stratosphere to reflect back the sunlight into space. The more we control the spread of greenhouse gases and sunlight reaching to earth, more we can decrease the effect of global warming.
Tips for Speech on Global Warming
- Make sure the data and stats are up to date.
- Practice the speech in front of your friends and family. It will ultimately help you gain more confidence.
- Use hand gestures whenever necessary.
- Be loud and audible.
- Don’t mumble while delivering your speech.
- Take pauses wherever necessary.
Tips for Essay on Global Warming
- Essays do not have headlines so don’t add them in the essay.
- Start your essay with the introduction then main information and end the essay with a conclusion.
- Keep your essay neat and clean.
- Use a dark inked pen to write your essay.
Reference: Global Warming Wikipedia
If you liked this article then please rate this article and comment in the comment section below. 🙂