Here in this article, we will be discussing population explosion in India, we will cover the reasons behind the sudden growth and the history of World Population too. We will also discuss the problems and the opportunities created by the massive population. It is one of the frequently asked essays and speech topic in schools and colleges. We have given you the information in essay format which you can easily convert into speech and if you summarise the given information you can make great content for the paragraph writing too.
Essay on Population Explosion Growth in India
Earth has formed 4.5 billion years ago and the beginning of the existence of life in the form of microorganisms is approximated about 4.1 billion years ago. Humans are the social animals, through the journey of evolution we started making groups and living together. That’s how the concept of society born. We create groups, live together, share our thoughts and help each other. And after thousands of years concept on society if formed. This social togetherness helped humans to survive through natural disasters and other problems. Life expectancy was increasing but sporadically hindered by mass contagious diseases like plague.
after 1920 world observed the upsurge in the population. What exactly happened in the early 20th century? The industrial revolution is the answer, now humans were replaced by the machine to do heavy lifting work. Cars and trains transported people faster, Telegraph played its role in connecting people across the world. to support growing population countries needed more people, they started promoting “Baby Boomers”. All these resulted in increased life expectancy, which helped the population to skyrocket.
Putting into simple words, the population is the number of people living in any geographical region. The population of India is 2nd highest in the world with almost 1.3 billion and India will be the highest populated country till 2022. Many schools and colleges organize various competitions like speech and essay competitions. Students are also asked to write articles on various topics in exams. Students get a chance to showcase their talents through this kind of competitions and that’s why we are here to help you out. We are giving you the core information about the rapidly growing population of India and how it is affecting the lives of people in India. This information will help you to write a better essay and to build a perfect speech. You can modify the content as per your requirements as speeches and essays have different structures.
The rapidly growing population is one the major problems faced by India. Along with it, there are other major problems faced by India, such as Corruption, Poverty, Black money, Unemployment, Illiteracy and many other. These problems are somehow correlated with each other. The rapidly rising population causes lack of education and job opportunities, which results in poverty.
Have you heard that proverb, “More the Merrier”? Well, that is not the case in this scenario. The rapidly growing population has become a serious issue for India.
Reasons/Causes of Rapid Population Growth in India
The population of India has grown rapidly because birth rate in India is higher than the death rate. With Improved medical facilities and access to hospital, medicines, the death rate is going down. Human life expectancy also increased in India in the last couple of decades. The big percentage of India still don’t do a proper family planning especially in the rural areas where the 70 percent of the population lives. India is one of the youngest nations in the whole world and that population is in reproductive age. On top of it, lack of sex education awareness, the poor access to contraceptives acts as a catalyst in the rapid growth of population. India is also facing the illegal immigration problem, a big number of immigrants, refugees come from neighbouring countries like Nepal and Bangladesh.
Problems/Disadvantages Caused by Growing Population in India
When a country has its population growing beyond manageable level, then it becomes a serious problem. India’s rapidly growing population has caused following problems.
Lack of Facilities
The rising population causes the scarcity of facilities and resources like health and medical, hygiene, food and many other. People cannot get the proper facilities provided by the government. We have a very little ratio of doctors to citizens. We go through vegetable, pulses, onion shortage almost every year.
Rising population in India is causing the huge unemployment in India, not enough jobs are getting create compared to population growth. There are not enough job opportunities available for this kind of huge population hence people are not able to work and earn. And that spread the sense of disparity and hopelessness in the society. Though Modi government is trying to bring in a lot of infrastructure projects, FDI in various industry, training schemes etc but the actual results are not that rosy.
Due to unemployment people cannot earn their living and hence are not able to satisfy their basic needs. Poverty is one of the major problem caused by the population explosion in India and illiteracy.
There is not enough land to accommodate this huge amount of people. Cities are getting crowded. The transportation in cities can be seen flooded with the people. It also creates pressure on the housing. There are not enough residential places available in the urban areas to accommodate a huge number of people.
With this huge amount of people living in a small region, it definitely affects the environment around it. Jungles are cut down to make buildings, roads. Water, soil, air is becoming polluted. Due to deforestation natural habitat of wild animals is going extinct.
Benefits/Advantages of Growing Population
Though the rapidly growing population has become a serious issue for India, it can be converted into a good opportunity too. The optimum growth in the population of a country can be utilized positively for the welfare of that country. Let’s see what are the advantages/benefits of growing population.
Better Use of Manpower Resources: With this huge number of people and also whole 50% is under 25 years age, it can be a great source of qualified manpower.
A leader in Outsourcing the Manpower: India has become a leader in outsourcing the manpower all around the world.
Huge Market for Businesses: With this huge amount of population, businesses have a huge potential market for the economic scale.
Increased Innovation: The growing population demands new technologies and facilities, hence encouraging the innovation.
Interesting Features of Population in India
- India occupies 2.41% of the world’s land area but supports over 18% of the world’s population.
- A census is carried out after every 10 years in India which focuses on various topics such total population, birth and death rates, growth rates, geographic distribution, literacy rate, the rural and urban divide, etc.
- The first census of India was done in 1881 which had the population of 255 million.
- Uttar Pradesh ranks first as the state has the highest population in India with 199 million and Lakshadweep which is a Union Territory has the lowest population in India with 64,473.
- India has more than 50% of its population below the age of 25 and more than 65% below the age of 35.
- India has more than two thousand ethnic groups and every major religion is represented, as are four major families of languages (Indo-European, Dravidian, Austroasiatic and Sino-Tibetan languages.)
As every coin has two sides, the rapidly growing population of India has its own benefits and shortcomings. In coming future India will emerge as the largest country with youngest people in the world.
Tips for Speech
- Never mug up the speech script as it is. That sounds like a robot, your audience will not connect with it.
- Rather than reciting the complete script, note down only important bullet points and speak from your heart. When you speak from the heart you might fumble once or twice but it connects with your audience. We are humans after all we all make mistakes.
- Rather than words focus more on the emotions behind the word.
- If you are confident enough try to be interactive with your listeners. Ask them questions.
- If you are a parent don’t force kids to mug it up. Help them to understand the topics and it’s important. In real life, you just can’t survive with mugged up answers, isn’t it? Today’s generation is 10 times smarter than our generation they can easily understand the topic.
- If you are speaking in public for the first time then you better try a speech in front of parents, siblings or friends. Ask them feedback and revisit the script. Or else at least try speech in front of the mirror.
Tips for Essay
- You can write an essay in story format too, take an imaginary person and tell a story on given topic from his/her perspective.
- Essay generally have three main parts, Introduction, impact or more detailed info and then summary or conclusion. Don’t use headers in the essay. But you should divide the essay into these 3 logical sections.
- Try to maintain a flow between sections. Carry forward a point from the last paragraph and then take it forward.
- You can start a new paragraph with words or phrases like “on another hand, plus, at first, however”.
- It is important to have a conclusion or summary for an essay. You don’t need to be positive all the time for conclusion, it can be a mix of both emotions. Try to have an inspiring, positive, euphoric conclusion.
Tips for Paragraph Writing
- Generally, you will have 2 section in paragraph writing, it will be shorter than an essay.
- Paragraph are generally facts based rather than interactive or story based.
- You can have headings for paragraph if allowed.
If you find this article helpful, then please rate the article and don’t forget to leave your valuable comment. 🙂