Health is Wealth but to maintain good health one need to have good habits. A proper hygiene is a sign of good health. Hygiene helps to reduce the development and spread of illnesses and infections. Remember there is the difference between health and hygiene. Health can be defined as a fit body which is free from any disorder and hygiene refers to those day to day activities (habits) done for improving health. Good hygiene will help to keep you healthy, confident and pleasant. Health is valuable than money. Money can be earned anytime but once health is ruined, then it difficult to win it back. So, it is important to cultivate hygienic habits which in turn will lead to good health. Human body and mind are connected so to keep your mind cheerful and pleasant you got to be a healthy. A person with a healthy lifestyle and hygienic habits lives a long and happy life.
In today’s rat race, we easily find an excuse to avoid healthy and hygienic habits. We eat from roadside food stalls, we don’t clean hands thoroughly before eating, air is badly polluted outside, we also eat frozen and processed food often, these are just a few things to mention here. We might earn a good amount of money but we may fall pray for different disease and illness which in turn affect our personal, physical, social and even psychological health. Today we will be discussing the importance of hygienic habits in our life. We have given the information in such a form that you can convert it into speech, paragraph, essay accordingly. We have also given important tips for essay and speech at end of the article. So let’s see the core information.
Cleanliness, water, food these are most important things which fall under personal hygiene. One should aim for at least these three habits. Cleanliness plays an important role in keeping good health. Dirt contains germs which move with the dust in the air and spreads diseases. You should bath regularly when you come back home from playground or school. A regular bath is a good habit; it keeps your body clean and fresh. Wash your hands before and after food. Brush two times a day, use a tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. You may also use tooth floss. Utensils and clothes should get cleaned on time. You can keep naphthalin balls in the cupboard, it keeps air fresh or else after sometimes clothes smell bad.
One may not wash the hair daily but it should be cleaned twice a week at least. (Do not use shampoos with harsh chemicals. Get a habit to use herbal and ayurvedic shampoo and cleansers). Keep your nails trimmed, when you play in the dirt you will get a lot of it under the nails. It will not come off easily if you have long nails. If you sweat a lot then, you should use appropriate deodorant. Use a different pair of socks every time, socks should not be too tight; they trouble blood flow, which is dangerous. Keep your shoes, boots, cleaned and polished.
Now talking about the food; street food tastes great, but what about the hygiene? Have you ever checked the hands and utensils of the street food vendor? Have you seen how they clean the dishes? They don’t use hand gloves and they put edibles on open where all the dust and dirt from cars and road seats on it. What about flies seating on your food? Just think how much risk you are taking, you are simply playing with your health. Have you ever observed a delivery boy who delivers your favorite food from a happening restaurant? How clumsy and sweat-worn they are? Sometimes you will find them munching tobacco or gutkha while delivering your food? Sounds gross right? Then you should try to eat at home, whenever possible. If you want to go outside for change then choose a clean and neat restaurant. 200 rupees more in the bill is better than 2000 medicine bills, isn’t it? Want to deliver a perfect speech? Check out these great tips for winning the speech game. 😀
More than 60% of human body is made up of water. Do you know that brain and heart is composed of 73% of water and lungs contain 83% of water? Did you know that? If not then you should understand that Water is Life. One should consume and use fresh, clean water. Generally, we find an excuse that government don’t provide clean water and all but you are the owner of your health and life. You need to find means and ways to purify the water. You can use natural or machine based purifiers. Nowadays we find borewell pumps water from a depth of the earth. Do you know why this water is called Hard Water? This water contains a higher number of minerals. A Higher quantity of such minerals is bad for your health. You may use this water for other purpose but for consumption, you should use pure water.
If you live in India and you haven’t seen a corner with red paan spits then you are a rare gem. You will find people pee and defecate on the roadside, along with the roads and railway tracks. You will see people spitting on the road, throwing wrappers, plastic on the road. All these things fall under social hygiene of society. Social hygiene is nothing but the development of public health. Diseases like typhoid, diarrhea, chicken pox, malaria spread because of such social unhygienic habits of ours. The way we keep our home clean, we should keep our country clean.
Importance of Sanitation In India
Why our PM Modi made his first big announcement about toilets? He wants to solve India’s sanitation problem. After decades of independence, we Indians still don’t have basic facilities like running water and proper sanitation. We generally blame the government for all problems. But in the case of sanitation and cleanliness, we are to blame. We Indians don’t have good habits, we throw the crap on the roadside, from the galleries and windows. Our industries leave their poisonous chemical waste in rivers and sea causing water pollution. They also leave the dangerous gases out of the factory chimneys causing air pollution. This is the time when we can see how western countries kept their cities and country sides clean and we are destroying it with filth. It should be government and citizen partnership, only government cannot achieve this. Bharat Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or Clean India Campaign is one of the biggest steps taken by the Government of Indian and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Psychological hygiene is as important as personal. Your body and mind are like a tandem, they work cooperatively. We care too much about physical health but at the same time, we neglect the hygiene of our mind. To have a good psychological or mental health one should try meditation, yoga. It helps you to detox and cleanse your body which help you to have a good stomach and also keeps away the depression and stress. Yoga or meditation helps you to calm down, you get better sleep, in turn, it helps you to be a happy person.
On this note, we can conclude that everyone should understand the importance of personal hygienic habits, the same time we can’t ignore the hygiene in food, water, and daily activities. Like personal hygiene, we should also focus on social and psychological hygiene. We should try to understand the importance of public sanitation. With these good habits, we can have a long, happy and disease-free life. So Stay Clean and Keep Smiling.
Note: We have deliberately kept the information and language simple so that school kids can understand it easily.
Tips for Speech
- Never mug up the speech script as it is. That sounds like a robot, your audience will not connect with it.
- Try to read more and more about the hygiene and hygienic habits in general.
- Rather than reciting the complete script, note down only important bullet points and speak from your heart. When you speak from the heart you might fumble once or twice but it connects with your audience. We are humans after all we all make mistakes.
- Rather than words focus more on the emotions behind the word
- If you are confident enough try to be interactive with your listeners. Ask them questions? And stir speech accordingly.
- If you are a parent don’t force kids to mug it up. Help them to understand the topics and it’s important. In real life, you just can’t survive with mugged up answers, isn’t it? Today’s generation is 10 times smarter than our generation they can easily understand the topic.
- If you speaking in public for the first time then you better try a speech in front of parents, siblings or friends. Ask them feedback and revisit the script. Or else at least try speech in front of the mirror.
Tips for Essay
- You can write an essay in story format too, take an imaginary person and tell a story on given topic from his/her perspective.
- Essay generally have three main parts, Introduction, impact or more detailed info and then summary or conclusion. Don’t use headers in the essay. But you should divide the essay into these 3 logical sections.
- Try to maintain a flow between sections. Carry forward a point from the last paragraph and then take it forward.
- You can start a new paragraph with words or phrases like “on another hand, plus, at first, however”.
- It is important to have a conclusion or summary for an essay. You don’t need to be positive all the time for conclusion, it can be a mix of both emotions. Try to have an inspiring, positive, euphoric conclusion.
Tips for Paragraph Writing
- Generally, you will have 2 section in paragraph writing, it will be shorter than an essay.
- Paragraph are generally facts based rather than interactive or story based.
- You can have headings for paragraph if allowed.
If you find this article helpful, then don’t forget to appreciate us with your valuable comment. J