The government of India keeps organizing various competitions for the citizens of Indian, especially the students in India. The objective of these competitions is to provide a national level platform for the talent and skills of the people and award them with the prizes for their work. These national level competitions are organized by the Government of India and various other departments that come under the government of India.
The ICWA essay writing competition is one of such competitions. In this article, we have given you all the information about the ICWA essay writing competition. Information such what are the topics for ICWA essay writing competition? What is the age limit for ICWA essay writing competition, what is the prize for ICWA essay writing competition, how to send the essay for ICWA essay writing competition, what are the rules and regulations for the ICWA essay writing competition, How to apply, how to fill the form, how to submit entry, form, application, etc. So let’s start.
CWA Essay Writing Competition 2018 Information, Topics, Prizes, Rules, Submission Date
What is ICWA and ICWA essay writing competition 2018?
ICWA stands for Indian Council of World Affairs. This department deals with the world affairs and foreign policies of India. ICWA has started an “Awareness Programme on Indian Foreign Policy”. ICWA essay writing competition is an essay writing competition organized by ICWA to create awareness about the Indian foreign policy and international affairs among the citizens and especially the students in school (15-18 years) and undergraduate or postgraduate students(18-25 years). As the students are the future responsible citizens of the society, it would be a great initiative to encourage them in various process of government and to create awareness too.
Topics for ICWA essay writing competition 2018
There are two topics for two different age groups whose age limits are 15 to 18 years and for the second group, the age limit is 18-25 years. The topic for both Junior Level(15-18 years) and Senior level (18-25 years) are as follows.
Junior Level (15-18 years):
‘Why climate change is important for India’s Foreign Policy?’ (1500 Words)
Senior Level (18-25 years):
‘Is India’s Foreign Policy an instrument for our development?’ (2500 words)
There is a word limit for both the categories. For the junior category essay, the word limit is 1500 words whereas for the senior level category the word limit is 2500 words.
Prize, Awards for ICWA essay writing competition 2018
There is some interesting prize money for the winners of the essay writing competition. And those are as follows.
First Prize: Rs. 15000
Second Prize: Rs. 10000
Third Prize: Rs. 5000
First Prize: Rs. 25000
Second Prize: Rs. 15000
Third Prize: Rs. 10000
Date of Submission | Deadline for the ICWA essay writing competition 2018
The last date of submission to submit the entries for the ICWA essay writing competition is 30th July 2018.
Rules, Regulations, Terms, and Conditions for the ICWA essay writing competition contest 2018
Following are the rules and regulations, terms and conditions for the ICWA essay writing contest 2018.
- The candidate should be a student enrolled in any school or graduate/post graduate degree program in a university/college from anywhere in India.
- The entries by the participant should be submitted along with a certificate from the respected school,institute,college/university where the candidate is currently enrolled.
- All the essay entries (only soft copy) should be sent to [email protected] or can be submitted on the MyGov portal by 30th July 2018.
- You can also submit your entry in a video format. The video must be uploaded to YouTube and its URL must be submitted in the comment section.
- Only one entry per candidate is allowed. If a participant submits more than one entries, all will be considered invalid.
- The copied entries will not be considered for the competition. The entry should be original and plagiarism free.
- The participant must be the same person who has written the essay.
- Th entry should include a separate cover page with following personal information:
1) Name of the participant
4) Name and Address of School/College/ University
5) Residence Address
6) Mobile & Landline Numbers
7) Email Address
Technical Parameters Rules for ICWA essay writing competition contest 2018
Following are the technical parameters and rules every participant need to follow.
- The participants have to submit the written entries in a .PDF file format only.
- Only one of the following 3 font types are allowed for the essay: 1. Book Antiqua, 2. Cambria, 3. Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.15
- The 1-inch margin on all four sides
- Justify text on both sides
- The number of words for the junior level is 1500 and number of words for the senior level is 2500.
Evaluation Criteria for ICWA essay writing competition contest 2018
The Selection Committee will evaluate all the entries which are submitted within the due date. The decision of the Selection Committee will be final and hence binding on all the contestants.
All the essay entries will be evaluated on the basis of following criteria:
- Central Theme (20%)
- Coherence and Organization in Structure (20%)
- Creativity (40%)
- Clarity in Language, Expression, and Style (20%)
So this was all the information about the ICWA essay writing competition contest 2018. Keep in mind that this information is just for reference. Please visit the official MyGov portal more actual information.
If you liked this article, then please Rate this article with 5 stars and leave a comment in the comment section below. Thank you. 🙂