In any planned event, a vote of thanks is a very important section. Most of the time, you need to express the gratitude or say thank you to chief guests, participants, parents, teachers, community members, organizing team, sponsors. You must thank their participation, presence, efforts they put behind the event or function. Generally, one or a pair of anchors host the event and another person handles the responsibility to propose the vote of thanks. Hence we have written this article on the best vote of thanks quotes for saying thank you, expressing gratitude for students, teachers for various events like a guest lecture, meeting, seminar, farewell, conference, etc.
If you are one who is chosen from extending the vote of thanks then congratulations. It is a small but very important activity and your school/college gave you this opportunity means you are worthy of it. We have a complete section on “Vote of Thanks” articles where we have various sample speeches with the script. Check ’em out. Plus, you can also learn about the vote of thanks, templates or format.
Famous Quotes for Vote of Thanks for Expressing Gratitude
Here in this article, we are giving you some famous vote of thanks quotes which can be used in the speech. Quotes give depth to the overall speech, but you need to learn to use it wisely. You need to have some context for the used quote. It will be more effective if quotes are used to start the speech but one can use it within speech at appropriate places. These quotes are useful for teachers, speakers, chief guest, students for various events like a guest lecture, farewell, seminar, conference, sports day, annual day, etc.
Do not force to fit in quotes for no reason. You can also use selected lines from poems or Sanskrit shlokas. In this teacher’s day vote of thanks, we have used two famous quotes, you need to use it at the right place in the right context. Don’t use famous quotes for the sake of it.
Vote of Thanks Quotes for Guests, Speakers
These vote of thanks quotes are useful for guest lecture, conference, seminar, etc. in your school or college.
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. –John F. Kennedy
- Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others. -Cicero
- Feeling gratitude and not expressing.. it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
- Gratitude makes sense of your past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
- Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. – Deepak Chopra
- It’s not happiness that brings us gratitude. It’s gratitude that brings us happiness.
- No matter what language you speak, a kind and smiling “Thank You” always speaks to everyone’s heart.
- Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have.- Michael Bernhard
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.- Marcel Proust
- गुरुर्ब्रह्मा ग्रुरुर्विष्णुः गुरुर्देवो महेश्वरः। गुरुः साक्षात् परं ब्रह्म तस्मै श्री गुरवे नमः॥
- किमत्र बहुनोक्तेन शास्त्रकोटि शतेन च। दुर्लभा चित्त विश्रान्तिः विना गुरुकृपां परम्॥
- बहवो गुरवो लोके शिष्य वित्तपहारकाः। क्वचितु तत्र दृश्यन्ते शिष्यचित्तापहारकाः॥
Vote of Thanks Quotes for Teachers
These vote of thanks quotes best for teachers who want to present a thank you note in guest lecture, farewell, annual day, sports day, etc.
- The Mediocre teacher tells the good teacher explains, the superior teacher demonstrates, the great teacher inspires – William Arthur Ward
- The value of college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think.
- When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their heart – Dalai Lama
- To the world, you may be just a teacher but to your students, you are a HERO
- Teachers are the only people who lose sleep over other’s children.
- A teacher affects eternity, he can never tell where his influence stops.
- Best teachers teach from the heart not from the book
Vote of Thanks Quotes to Thank Parents
These vote of thanks quotes are best for teachers who want to thank parents for attending a parent-teacher meeting or similar function, events, in school, college.
- Every home is university and the parents are the teachers – Mahatma Gandhi
- Children learn more from what you are than what you teach.
- Education is a shared commitment between dedicated teachers, motivated students, and enthusiastic parents with high expectations – Bob Beauprez
- Parents are a child’s first teachers.
- We never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves. – Henry Ward Beecher
- What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love. – Nicholas Sparks
- A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.
Vote of Thanks Quotes to Appreciate Students
Most of the people forget to thank students. I think it will be a good idea if we appreciate students for their discipline, honesty, creativity. Public acknowledgment and recognition will boost their confidence.
You can achieve anything… All that matters is.. how badly you want it. — Sunil Chavan (that’s me 😊)
- Every child is gifted, they just unwrap their packages at different times.
- The secret in education lies in respecting the students. – Ralph Wald Emerson
- True sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination—Albert Einstein
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do – Steve jobs
- Dreams.. is not what you see in sleep, is the things which doesn’t let you sleep.. –Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- Minds are like parachutes they only function when they are open – James Dewar
- Anyone who has never made mistake has never tried anything new – Albert Einstein
- The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do – Steve jobs
- Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you’ll land among the stars – Les Brown
- It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up – Babe Ruth
- You can’t have a better tomorrow if you’re still thinking about yesterday.
Note: We have tried to give attribution for each quote used here in this article but we were not able to find original authors for some quotes. It will be great if you can help us translate these English quotes in Indian languages like Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Urdu, Punjabi, etc.
If you liked this article then please rate the article and don’t forget to leave your valuable comments. Thank you. 🙂