Festivals are the way we come together, share our happiness and bond with each other. Raksha Bandhan is one such occasion. It is the celebration of the love between a brother and sister. To make students understand the importance of the relation between a brother and sister, students in schools and colleges across India are asked to write an essay on Raksha Bandhan. Hence we have given this essay on Raksha Bandhan in English for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. So let’s start.
Essay on Raksha Bandhan Rakhi Festival in English for Class 1 to 12
There are so many festivals celebrated in India. A festival is the occasion of enjoyment and celebration of togetherness which strengthens our bond with our family members, relatives, friends, etc. They promote peace and harmony and Raksha Bandhan is one of them. It’s a festival of brothers and sisters.
Raksha Bandhan is the day we celebrate the love between a brother and a sister and how can we forget the fights that we always have with our sister/brother? We fight with our brother/sister over small things. We fight on what to watch on TV, we siblings, fight on who is going o get the bigger piece of the cake and even if they are quiet we purposely tease them. We just can’t live without disturbing them.
Our parents always tell us to stop fighting! But we never seem to stop. Siblings always fight but they start feeling upset when their sister/brother is not around. The brother-sister bond is eternal, to celebrate this loving bond Raksha Bandhan festival is celebrated. It depicts the love of brother and sister. It means the ‘Bond of Protection’. रक्षाबंधन मराठी माहिती, निबंध, भाषण, लेख
On this day the sister ties, a thread called as Rakhi on brother’s wrist, praying to God for the brother’s safety whereas the brother gifts her chocolates, sweets, etc in return and promises her to always safeguard her from the evil. A brother will always look after his sister, take care of her, do anything for her and the sister never let her brother be in any trouble.
Talking about my sister, we always fight on anything like every other brother and sister fights. She always teases me. I always try to irritate her and disturb her when she is studying. She shouts in my ears when I am sleeping. I hide her shoes when she is getting late for school. I secretly take some coins out of her piggy bank.
She secretly eats my ice cream which I hide in the fridge. We always try to irritate each other. But when anyone from us is not in the home, we feel alone. She keeps my secrets from papa. I give her some money from my pocket money. We click hundreds of selfies in the day. रक्षाबंधन हिंदी निबंध, भाषण, लेख
I post her dumb pictures on Facebook. She comments something silly on my photos. No matter how we irritate each other and annoy each other, we both love each other a lot.
In school, we pledge that all Indians are my brothers and sisters. There are girls who we know, face many obstacles who need a brother figure to stand by her side, support her. They are the victim of the eve-teasers on the road, sexual harassment on public transport which is an everyday occurrence for millions of girls and women, there are many such problems which are faced by the girls in our society, which happen in front of our eyes and we can’t do anything about it. Protecting them is our responsibility.
Raksha Bandhan does not discriminate the bond of love with the creed. The festival of Rakshabandhan is not only for biologically related brother and sister, but it is also for those people who share the same love and bonding of a brother and sister. I remember a poem perfectly written for a lovable sister and goes like this,
” I fought with you, I left you broken-hearted.
I never finished, The fights that I started.
I pulled your leg, I teased you to no end.
Even then you chose, To remain my best friend.
I love you sister. “
Tips for Essay on Raksha Bandhan
Here, we have given some useful tips to write an essay on Raksha Bandhan Festival in English.
- Every essay belongs to a special type and that essay should be written according to that type. So before starting to write the essay understand which type of essay you are writing. We have written a dedicated article on Types of Essay writing and topics which is very useful for you guys. So keep this in mind while writing your essay on Raksha Bandhan.
- Essays are made of multiple sections and those sections are an introduction, main story, and conclusion at the end. Try to write the essay on Raksha Bandhan in order of these sections and maintain the flow between them.
- Using a pen with darker ink helps to create more impact.
- Good handwriting will help you to score the extra marks, but don’t worry if you don’t have nice handwriting. Keep your essay on Raksha Bandhan neat and clean. That will do the work.
Tips for Speech on Raksha Bandhan
These tips will help you to deliver the speech on Raksha Bandhan.
- Confidence is the key to a successful speech. Your confidence does half of the work. So practice your speech in front of your friends and family members to gain confidence.
- If you want to win the competition then you must take a look at the Tips and Hacks to win any speech competition.
- Don’t hurry while delivering the speech. Take deep breaths and pauses wherever you feel necessary.
- Look at the audience while giving your speech.
- Make good use of hand gestures and your body language.
- Make your speech interactive. Ask questions to the audience.
This essay on Raksha Bandhan is written for students of grade, class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 hence the language is kept simple. We hope you guys can help us to translate this article into other regional Indian languages like Hindi language, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Sanskrit, Telugu, etc.
If you want to share your special memory about your brother or sister then write in the comment section below. 🙂 We love reading your comments guys. 🙂