The man is a social animal. We communicate with each other and we live in groups, to be safe, to share thoughts, resources and to survive. We make special bonds with people on whom you can trust and rely on. A friend is one of those people. “My best friend” is one of the major topics for essays and speeches. Students are asked to write essays and deliver a speech on such topics. Hence, in this article, we have given you an essay on “My Best Friend”. This essay will also help you to prepare the best speech and also to write a paragraph on “My Best Friend” in your exams. So let’s start.
Essay on My Best Friend
Friends are the family you can choose.
The perfectly said quote to paint the picture of friends. We cannot choose our family members but we can always choose what friends we want in our life. And soon these friends become as important as our family. All the people we usually call friends are not our friends but acquaintances. There is a difference between a best friend, a friend, and an acquaintance. So who is a best friend? A best friend is a friend who you know will always be there for you no matter what. A best friend will always be with you in your ups and down, your happiness and sadness, your good health and illness, in every situation. In today’s world, it is difficult to find such friends who will be there for you without wanting anything from you. And if you have such best friend, then don’t lose him/her for any stupid reason.
Only lucky people get a best friend and I am one of those people. I have a best friend too. His name is Atul. We are best friends from kindergarten. Like the quote says, “A Friend in Need is a Friens Indeed” he has always been there whenever I needed him. Since the kindergarten, we have played together, cried together, studied together, got scolded together and even had a lot of fun together. I have many friends in my class, in my society too. I play with them too but at the end of the Atul is the only friend I can trust and rely on. He always supports me in whatever I want to do but also scolds me if I am up to something wrong. He always encourages me whenever I am feeling low. He is always there whenever I need help. He never talks behind my back and also defends me if someone is talking bad about me. He is very honest.
We have many things in common. Our clothing choice is the same, he likes the same kind of clothes that I like. Our favorite color is also the same which is blue. We both like football and we spend most of the time weekends playing football. He likes mathematics like I do. Atul is very good in studies. He is always the first to know the answer. Apart from all this, he is a good human being too. I remember one day we were playing football on the playground when we saw an injured puppy. He ran towards the puppy as soon as he saw it. He took the puppy to his home at treated its wound and gave it some milk and biscuits to it. In some days the puppy was fine and started walking again. This shows his great kindness and love for animals. His parents also praised him for his deed.
In today’s digital world of Facebook and WhatsApp friendship have shrunk to Like, Comment and Follow on social media. There are no more playing together, little trips and bicycle ride on weekends. Everyone is hiding behind the screens of smartphones and computers. In spite of all these things, I and Atul meet and play together, we share our secret, happiness, sadness. We didn’t let the social media affect our friendship.
The reason we are still best friends is we don’t expect anything from each other. We help each other whenever we need help and this feeling is mutual. I am lucky that I have got a best friend like Atul and even today we sit on the same bench, studying, learning, giggling, finishing our tiffins and having a lot of fun together. I hope he stays my best friend for rest of my life because at the end we need a friend whom you can trust and rely on, to share our happiness, problems, and secrets and that feeling that someone is there for you is priceless.
Tips for Essay on My Best Friend
Talking about friends, our friends help us no matter what. So here we are to help you. Writing an essay can be a tough task sometimes. You get confused about what to write and how to structure it. Don’t worry. Here we have given you some useful tips to help you out while writing your essay on my best friend.
- There are various types of essay writing such as expository essay, descriptive essay, persuasive essay, storytelling/narrative essay etc. So before starting to write your essay on my best friend determine what type of essay is expected to write. The essay on my best friend will be a narrative essay, where you are sharing your thoughts and personal experiences about your best friend.
- Make logical sections of your essay like an introduction, main information paragraphs and conclusion or summary.
- The conclusion is necessary because it gives a meaningful end to the essay and it won’t look like an abrupt end, but make sure it is short yet meaningful.
- Use a dark inked pen to make more impact in your essay.
- Add your emotions to a narrative essay; it will help the audience to connect with your essay.
Tips for Speech on My Best Friend
No person is born with the talent of being able to deliver a perfect, confident and graceful speech. It takes a practice and commitment to master the art of delivering confident speeches. Don’t worry. We are here to help you. Here in this section of the article, we have given you some useful tips for better speech delivery. These tips will help you for your speech on my best friend.
- This is a speech on my best. So make sure you include some memorable moments with your best friend, good things about him, why you two are best friends etc. You can also share some funny incidents between you two.
- Confidence is the soul of any speech. So deliver your speech on my best friend with confidence.
- Stage fear is common among people. Try to face it by starting with the smaller audience such as your friends and family members.
- Walk confidently to the podium when your name is announced to deliver the speech.
- Before starting your speech, take a deep breath, greet the audience and guests, introduce yourself and then start your speech.
- Keep your voice clean and take pause wherever necessary.
- If you start mumbling, take a deep breath and start again confidently.
- Make good use of hand gestures.
- Make variations in your voice wherever necessary.
I am sure this article will help you to write the best essay on my best friend. This essay will also help you with speech and paragraph on my best friend too. I hope you guys can help us to translate this article in other regional Indian languages like Marathi, Hindi, Gujrathi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi etc.
If this article helped you in any sense then please Rate this article with 5 stars down below and let us know in the comment section below. Thank you. 🙂