It is the first month of the year and biggest event on the calendar is India’s 74th republic day. In this period, one homework school kids get for sure is to write 10 lines on republic day. Sometimes it can be a short 10 lines essay, speech or paragraph too.
In the first section, we have given 5 plus a few extra easy sentences about republic day which will help your kid to complete homework. Next 10 lines are suitable for students of class 1,2,3. We have given a few extra lines too, you can choose as per requirement. In the next section, we have it in essay format which is good for students of class 4 and 5. You can also refer to this Speech on Independence Day.
5 Sentences About Republic Day in English for KG, UKG Kids
- We celebrate republic day yearly on 26th January.
- On 26th January 1950, we became a Republic nation.
- India constitution came is a force.
- Delhi celebrates it with a big parade.
- We celebrate it at our school too.
- I love my country.
- I feel proud of it.
10 Lines On Republic Day in English for class 1,2,3 Students
- Republic Day is celebrated on 26th January each year.
- On 26 January 1950 Indian constitution came into force. (implemented).
- Before this date, India was a British dominion.
- After 26 January 1950, we become a Republic nation.
- India’s constitution is the largest in the whole world.
- It gives us our fundamental rights like freedom of speech, education, religion and more.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was chairman of the constitution drafting committee.
- He is revered as “Chief Architect of Constitution”.
- Republic day is celebrated with a huge parade at Rajpath, Delhi.
- We celebrate it at our school too. We have an essay and a speech competition too.
- We sing the national anthem “Jan Gan Man” in school.
- I love my India and I will become a good citizen.
15 to 20 Lines Short Essay on Republic Day for Class 4,5 Students
On 26th January 1950 India’s constitution came into force and since we become a republic of India. Republic day is celebrated to honor the day. On 15th August 1947, India got its independence from British Raj. The country was divided into two separate countries i.e. India and Pakistan. After independence, we didn’t have a constitution so we were part of the British Commonwealth, a British dominion.
Dr. Babsaheb Abmedkar headed a committee and presented a first constitution draft on 4 November 1947. After 2 years of discussions, it was presented at the assembly. Two days later on 26th January 1950, it came into force. Dr. Ambdekar was revered as the chief architect of the constitution for this contribution. Indian constitution defines rules, procedures, rights, and duties of the Indian government and citizens.
Different people celebrate republic day differently, some celebrate it with marches, functions, events and some do social work, etc. On this republic I pledge that I will not litter on the road, I will neither take nor give bribe. I feel proud of my country. I will try to become a good citizen of India. We are not a perfect country but together we can.
Note: find a bigger essay, speech on republic day here.