We just saw the greatest ever cricket world cup match in history. England versus New Zealand, there cannot be an epic cricket match than this one. Sadly, the Indian cricket team lost with New Zealand in the first semifinal. Indian team played class cricket throughout WorldCup but I think luck was in their favor on that day. Nevertheless, as the cricket world cup is the hottest topic right now, it is expected that children might get homework to write 10 lines on cricket.
So, here in this article, we are giving you 10 lines on cricket for class 1,2,3,4, etc and a 15 to 20 lines short essay on cricket for students of class 5,6,7,8. For students of class 9,10,11,12 etc, we will write a long essay on cricket, we will you link here. Here are some cricket related essays: Sachin Tendulkar, IPL, Importance of sport in life.
10 Lines On Cricket in English for class 1,2,3 Students
- In cricket, every team has 11 players.
- Two teams play a cricket match.
- 5-day test, 1 day and T20 are three main formats of cricket.
- Cricket is called “gentlemen’s game”.
- Cricket is invented by the British.
- In old days it was played by British officers and noblemen.
- Indians continued cricket after the independence of India.
- Cricket peaked its popularity after in 1983 world cup.
- Under the captainship of legendary Kapil Dev India defeated 2 times defending champions West Indies.
- India won second cricket Worldcup in 2011 against Srilanka.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was the captain of the team.
20 Lines Short Essay On Cricket in English for class 4,5,6,7 Students
In cricket, every team has 11 players. Two teams play a cricket match. 5-day test, 1 day and T20 are three main formats of crickets. Earlier one day matched used to have 60 overs and they used to have white jerseys only. Now white jerseys are used in test matches, in T20 and One Day matches players can wear colored jerseys.
Cricket is invented by the British. In old days it was played by British officers and noblemen only. British Colonisation spread cricket in its colonies like India. Cricket is also popular in British commonwealth countries like Australia and New Zealand. Though they invented cricket, they never won the world cup. This year 2019, England won their first-ever cricket WorldCup.
Indians continued cricket after the independence of India. Cricket peaked its popularity after in 1983 world cup. Under the captainship of legendary Kapil Dev, India defeated 2 times defending champions west indies. India won second cricket Worldcup in 2011 against Srilanka. Final was held at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Under the captainship of M.S.Dhoni Indian team also won T20 Worldcup and ICC Champions Trophy.
Indian women cricket team reached finals in last women’s cricket WorldCup. Unlike men’s cricket, women cricket is not that popular in India and across the whole world as well. With time and success, women cricket getting a grip. Women cricket needs more promotion and acceptance from fans.
Cricket is the most played game in India. At evenings and weekends, you will find children, people playing crickets in gullies or makeshift grounds. Azaad maidan from Mumbai is a very famous location and it is turning to tourist attraction too. One can find hundreds of young lads practicing cricket there. Sadly, in the age of video consoles and PUBGs of the digital world more and more youngsters are moving away from outfield sports. Sport brings discipline, it teaches the value of hard work, focus, and planning. More and more youngsters need to play outdoor games like cricket, kabaddi, football, etc.
Cricket remained the most popular game in India and it will remain number one in the future too. I am sad that we lost the 2019 world cup. But, at the end of the day, it is a game, only one team can win. I wish to see the Indian cricket team in 2023 WorldCup finals.
10 Lines on Cricket – Set 2
- There are two teams in a cricket match.
- It is played on the circular ground which a 22-yard pitch at the center.
- There are 3 stumps with bails on each side of the pitch.
- Batsman/Batter hits the ball and bowler throws the ball. Fielders catch and field the ball.
- Wicketkeeper stands behind stumps to collect the ball.
- There are two umpires on the ground and the third umpire stays in front of the screen.
- A batter can get out if he/she is bowled, caught, run out, LBW (leg Before Wicket).
- To appeal umpire, bowler and fielders yell “How was that…”.
- Bowler bowls 6 balls in one over. He/she needs to deliver extra ball if it a wide or no-ball.
- One day matched comprised 50 over for each side.
- In T20, as the name suggests each team get 20 overs.
- There is a limitation on the number of overs a bowler can bowl, it depends on the format of the match.
10 Lines on Cricket – Set 3
- Cricket is a bat and bowl game, like baseball, hockey, tennis, squash, etc.
- 11 players from 2 team play match.
- The groud is generally circular or oval-shaped.
- The perimeter of the ground is called a boundary.
- It has a 22-yard pitch at the center and has two main sides; leg and offside.
- There are two types of balls in cricket, white and red.
- The core of a cricket ball is made of cork, layered tightly with leather layer and sewn with thread.
- Circumference of the ball is 9 inches.
- A cricket bat is made of a special wood called white willow.
- A bat can weight between 1.1 to 1.4 Kg.
10 Lines on Cricket – Set 4
- Before match captains of both teams toss a coin, whoever wins decides to bowl or ba first.
- A team that bats try to score runs, fielding team bowl and field ball restrict runs and dismiss batter.
- Batting team has only 2 players on the pitch, the fielding team has 11 players on the ground.
- After the first inning, both teams change the role from batting to bowling and vice versa.
- Test match has 4 innings and can be played for 3 or 5 days.
- One day and T20 matches have 2 innings.
- Cricket has a lot of fielding positions like gully, slips, point, over, mid-off, mid-on, mid-wicket, square leg, third man, fine leg, long on, long off, etc.
- Batter wears pad and helmet for protection.
- In fielding team, only wicketkeeper can wear keeping gloves.
- A batter can out/dismissed in 10 ways. Five common ways are stumped, bowled, caught, run out, lbw. five rare ways are hitting the ball twice, hit-wicket, handling ball, obstructing field and timed out.
- There are several types of shots a batter can play like a hook, pull, on-drive, straight drive, off-drive, cover drive, square drive, square cut, cut, late cut, uppercut, leg glance, scoop, reverse sweep, sweep.
- Countries like India also have internal tournaments like Ranji Trophy.
- Cricketers also play league and county matches like Indian Premier League etc.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the first man to score 200 runs in ODI. Rohit Sharma has scored 3 doubles centuries in ODIs.
- Brian Lara scored first 400 runs in test cricket.
- Anil Kumble has record 10 wickets in Test Match.