India is a land of rich culture and traditions and we respect it a lot. We celebrate each of our festivals with great joy and enthusiasm. One of such popular festivals is Makar Sankranti. In the month of January every year, everyone eagerly waits for the loving Makar Sankranti festival.
During the auspicious period of Makar Sankranti, kids in schools are asked to write 5, 10, 15 or few good lines, sentences or small paragraph on Makar Sankranti festival in English as a part of their homework. And you must be here to find some information for kid’s or younger sibling’s homework. Don’t worry, we are here to help you.
In this article, we have given you 5, 10, 15, few good, simple, basic lines, sentences on Makar Sankranti in English. These lines, sentences on Makar Sankranti will help you with the homework. So, let’s get started.
5, 10, 15 Lines, Sentences on Makar Sankranti Festival in English
- Makar Sankranti is a popular Hindu festival celebrated in January month every year.
- Makar Sankranti is celebrated on 14th January, every year.
- In the year 2019, Makar Sankranti will be celebrated on 15th January.
- On the day of Makar Sankranti, we share Tilgul with our friends, family members, and neighbors.
- Children, as well as grown-ups, enjoy flying kites on this day.
- Makar Sankranti is a harvest festival.
- Makar Sankranti is celebrated as the sign of the end of the winter and arrival of spring.
- Makar Sankranti marks the start of an auspicious period of next six months called Uttarayan.
- On this day, people pray to the sun and thank it for the success and prosperity.
- People make sweets made with Til(Sesame seeds) and Gud(Jaggery).
- Tilguls are healthy for us in the winters.
- Many women wear black colored clothes on Makar Sankranti.
- The are many name for Makar sankranti across India, such as Suggi Habba, Makar Sankramana, Thai Pongal, Uzhavar Thirunal, Maghi.
- Makar Sankranti, is the only Indian festival celebrated on a fixed calendric day of the solar calendar.
- Makar Sankranti is celebrated across India.
- I love the Makar Sankranti festival very much.
- I celebrate the festival with my family and friends.
I hope this few good, simple, basic lines, sentences on Makar Sankranti help you. If you found this helpful then please Rate this article with 5 stars and let us know your views in the comment section below. Thank you and Happy Makar Sankranti to you. 🙂