A king who lived for people. A leader who denied to live like a slave and founded the glorious and one the biggest empires in the world, the Marathi Empire. Shiv Jayanti is around the corner and students in schools are asked to study about Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. They are asked to write essays, paragraphs, articles, speeches on the life of the great Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Students in kindergarten, preschool, or in class 1,2,3,4,5 etc are asked to write 5, 10, 15, lines, sentences on, about Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Hence in this article, we have given you several, simple, easy 5, 10, 15 lines, sentences, a short essay on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. I hope these lines, sentences, short, a brief essay on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj will help you in your or your child’s, or sibling’s homework. Let’s take a look at them.
5, 10, 15 Lines on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in English
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was born on 19th February 1630.
- He was born in Shivneri Fort, in Junnar city, in Pune district.
- His father’s name was Shahaji Bhosale and mother’s name was Jijabai Bhosale.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj founded the Maratha empire.
- He was also called as “Shivba” by his mother Jijamata.
- Jijau taught Shivaji Maharaj to always fight for what is right no matter what challenges you face.
- He always believed in equality and justice.
- There were soldiers from various castes, creeds and religious fighting alongside him.
- At the age of 15, he gathered trusted soldiers which were called ‘Mavlas’ and pledged to establish the Swarajya.
- The battle technique of Shivaji Maharaj was called as Ganimi Kava (Guerrilla warfare).
- Guerrilla warfare techniques are still used in modern day warfare by the leading militaries in the world.
- Shivaji Maharaj was crowned as the King of Marathas on June 6, 1674, at Raigad in a massive coronation ceremony.
- He introduced the concept of Ashtha Pradhan Mandal (Eight Minister Council) where each minister has particular responsibilities.
- He introduced the collection of two taxes called the Chauth and Sardeshmukhi.
- He had also strictly warned his soldiers not to cause harm or disrespect to women.
- Shivaji Maharaj was very keen and alert about the safety of the kingdom.
- He had acknowledged the power of forts and built many forts across India.
- On April 3, 1680, Shivaji Maharaj died on Raigad due to illness.
- The biography of Shivaji Maharaj was written as Bakhar and it is called as Sabhasad Bakhar.
Jay Bhawani !! Jay Shivaji !!
Some useful articles about Shivaji Maharaj-
Did you like this article then please rate this article with 5 stars and leave your comments. Thank you. 🙂